For the chicken:
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 level tbsp runny honey
2 tbsp passata
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp celery salt
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp chilli powder
3 tsp barbecue seasoning
8 skinless and boneless chicken thighs
For the garnish and fries:
1 level tsp extra-light mayonnaise
2 tsp fat free natural fromage frais
60g wholemeal roll, halved
lettuce, sliced tomato and sliced red onion
250g floury potatoes, peeled and cut into thin fries
low calorie cooking spray
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Put the vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, honey, passata, garlic, pepper, celery salt, ground coriander, chilli powder and 1 teaspoon of barbecue seasoning in a bowl and mix well. Make a few cuts in each chicken thigh using a sharp knife and toss them in the marinade to coat evenly.
- Tip into a non-stick roasting tin and sprinkle over the remaining barbecue seasoning. Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through, basting with the juices occasionally.
- Allow the rest of the chicken to cool completely then divide into 4 portions. At this point you can freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost thoroughly before reheating.
- Cook the fries in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 1-2 minutes then drain and spread out on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and cook in the the oven at 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. for 12-15. Season with salt
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken with two forks and, if you cooked ahead, reheat thoroughly in the microwave on high for 1½ minutes.
- Mix the mayonnaise and fromage frais, season to taste and spread on to the roll. Fill the roll with the lettuce, tomato, onion and shredded chicken.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.