- 600g floury potatoes, such as Desiree or King Edward, peeled and cut into chips
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 600g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- A good splash of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp finely chopped gherkins
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- A small handful of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 400g peas
- 4 x 60g wholemeal rolls
- A few lettuce leaves, shredded
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin rings
For the mustard mayonnaise:
- 2 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
- 2 level tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp English mustard powder
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/gas 6. Boil the chips for 3-4 minutes, then drain, return to the pan and cover. Lightly shake to roughen up the chips’ edges and arrange on a non-stick baking tray in a single layer. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and season well. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, preheat your grill to medium-hot. Mix together the garlic, spring onions, mince, Worcestershire sauce, gherkins, tomato purée and dill. Season and mix well, using your fingers. Divide into 4 portions and shape each into a burger. Grill, turning once or twice, for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Cook the peas for 3-4 minutes, then drain and keep warm. For the mustard mayonnaise, mix together all the ingredients.
- Split the rolls and toast under the grill. Put the base of each roll on a plate and top with lettuce, tomato and red onion. Add a burger, then a spoonful of the mayo and a twist of black pepper. Add the roll lid and serve with the chips and peas.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230