- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 800g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp chipotle or dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- 400g can red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 400g can mixed beans, drained
- 2 roasted red peppers in brine from a jar, drained and roughly chopped
- Large handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 375g dried long-grain rice, cooked, to serve
- Fat-free natural yogurt, to serve
- Pinch of smoked paprika, to garnish
- Spray a large, heavy-based non-stick pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Fry the onions and garlic for 4-5 minutes. Turn up the heat and brown the mince. Drain off any fat from the mince and return to the heat.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato purée, chilli flakes, cumin, coriander, cinnamon stick, Worcestershire sauce and stock cube, and season lightly. Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rich and thickened.
- Stir in the kidney beans, mixed beans and pepper and cook, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes.
- Divide the cooked rice and chilli between 4 wide bowls and garnish with coriander. Serve with the natural yogurt sprinkled with smoked paprika.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.