• Serves: 4
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Ready in: 30-60 Minutes
• Syns per serving: 6½ on Extra Easy
Add 6 Syns if not using Extra lean minced beef (raw weight) as a Healthy Extra on Green.
• 4 tbsp chopped red onion, cucumber, tomato, coriander, mint and juice of 1 lemon
• 1 onion, 1 red and 1 green pepper
• Low calorie cooking spray
• 380g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
• 3 tsp garlic salt, 2 tsp ground cumin and paprika, 1 tsp ground cinnamon and artificial sweetener
• 400g can of tomatoes and kidney beans
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• Salt and pepper
• 4 x 40g corn tortillas
1. Make the salsa: place the red onion, cucumber, tomato, coriander, mint and lemon juice in a small bowl, mix and set aside.
2. Prepare the beef filling: peel and chop the onion and deseed and dice the peppers. Spray a pan with low calorie cooking spray and cook the onion and mince for 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic salt, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, sweetener, peppers, tomatoes, drained kidney beans and soy sauce. Season, bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Lightly grill the tortillas until warm. Place one tortilla in each of the four serving bowls. Spoon in the beef mixture. Serve with the salsa and a drizzle of very low fat natural fromage frais.
Helping you to get motivated
When you join Slimming World, you’ll become a member of a large supportive community of people in a similar situation to you, with a wealth of advice and tips on recipe ideas, meal planning and motivation whenever you need it.
You’ll also be assigned your own highly-trained consultant — a former member who can help you to set your own weight-loss and fitness goals. Members agree that this support is often key to their success.
You can choose between joining your local group or online.
If you’d like to join a group, please contact your local Consultant to find out how your group is running safely in line with local and national guidance.
All offer full details of how Slimming World’s Food Optimising programme works.
There is a huge list of Free Food to choose from, which doesn’t need to be weighed, calorie counted or measured.
You can also snack on these to satisfy your hunger in between meals.
In addition, you are encouraged to eat measured quantities of certain foods, known as ‘Healthy Extras’ that provide nutrients essential for a healthy, balanced diet.
These include milk and cheese (for calcium) and cereals and wholemeal bread (for fibre and minerals).
And so you never feel deprived you can enjoy limited amounts of treats which are higher-calorie, less filling foods that include chocolate, crisps and alcohol.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230