- 400g can red lentils, rinsed
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ small swede, peeled and diced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 450g of lean beef cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 2.5cm ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 2 tbsp of madras curry powder
- ½ a tsp of chilli powder
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tsp of sweetener
- Juice of 1 lime
- Place the lentils, carrots, swede, potato, onion, turmeric and salt in a large saucepan, and add enough water to cover it by an inch or so. Bring to the boil and simmer until tender.
- Add the canned tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes. Use a blender to whizz this all up together.
- Fry the meat until browned (you can do this while the lentils and vegetables are simmering), and set aside.
- Spray a large saucepan with Frylight and place over a medium heat, add the ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then add the spices and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Finally add the lemon juice and sweetener and stir together
- Add the blended lentil and vegetable mixture, and the cooked beef and simmer on a low heat for about 30 minutes (or you could stick into the oven or slow-cooker to really make the beef tender).
- Serve with basmati rice, chopped coriander and extra fresh lime.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.