- Frylight or similar Syn Free cooking oil spray
- 400-500g lean diced beef
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 13g rolled oats (approximately 2 tbsp, but always weigh to use as your Healthy Extra B or Syn accordingly
- 1 red wine stockpot
- 600ml beef stock made up with stock cubes
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 150g frozen peas
- 600g potatoes, peeled and sliced to 5mm thick
- Seasoning (salt and pepper)
First, preheat your oven at 180 degrees. Then, spray a big lidded pan with oil spray. Ideally, the pan is suitable to go in the oven, or you could use a lidded casserole dish later.
Now add the lean diced beef and seasoning and fry until browned.
Place in the carrots and onions and fry for a further 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
Now transfer to your chosen oven-safe dish with a lid, then add the peas, oats to thicken and red wine stockpot.
To add more juice and flavour, you then need to add the beef stock, rosemary and give everything a good stir.
Layer the slices of potatoes on top, spray again with Frylight for later and pop the lid on top.
Now bake in the oven for 1hr 30 minutes.
Once the time’s up, remove the lid and bake for a final 30 minutes until the potato slices crisp up.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230