- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 750g very lean braising steak, visible fat removed, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 heaped tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 500g swede, peeled and roughly chopped
- Finely chopped fresh thyme leaves, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 160°C/140°C fan/gas 3.
- Spray an ovenproof casserole pan with low-calorie cooking spray and fry the red onions for 10 minutes until slightly caramelised, adding a little water if needed. Remove from the pan then spray the pan again with low-calorie spray and brown the meat in batches.
- Meanwhile, place the white onion and garlic in a food processor and whizz until finely chopped.
- Stir the cooked red onions back into the meat with the puréed onion and garlic, stock cube, tomato purée, balsamic vinegar and 500ml water. Season and bring to the boil.
- Cover and cook in the oven for around 2 hours, or until the meat is really tender.
- About 30 minutes before the meat is cooked, cook the carrots and swede in lightly salted boiling water for 25-30 minutes or until soft. Drain, mash together and season.
- Check the seasoning of the meat, scatter over the thyme and serve with the vegetable crush.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230