1½ Syns per serving
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 medium egg
- 2 large courgettes, grated
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 900ml hot beef stock
- 1 level tbsp rose harissa paste
- 400g dried penne pasta
- 50g reduced-fat feta cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Put the onion in your food processor and whizz until finely chopped. Put half of the puréed onion in a bowl and set aside. Add the beef to the onion left in the food processor along with the dried herbs, mustard, egg, half the courgettes and a little salt and pepper. Whizz until combined then transfer to a bowl, divide into 20 portions and shape into meatballs.
- Spray a wide non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the meatballs and cook in batches for 1-2 minutes or until browned all over, turning them occasionally (they won’t be cooked through yet). Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium and fry the remaining onion and courgettes for 2-3 minutes or until softened, stirring often. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, stock and harissa and bring to the boil.
- Stir the pasta into the tomato sauce, then carefully pour into a large roasting tin, about 35cm x 24cm. Top with the meatballs, cover with kitchen foil and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through and the pasta is just cooked but has a little bite (‘al dente’).
- Evenly crumble over the feta, sprinkle with the parsley and serve hot with salad or Speed vegetables.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230