- 6 large eggs, separated
- 100g caster sugar
- 7 level tbsp sweetener
- 50g cocoa powder
- 100g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 200g plain quark
- 175g drained black cherries in natural juice
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a 30 x 20cm Swiss roll tin with baking parchment.
- Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and 5 tablespoons sweetener until thick and pale. Sift in the cocoa, then fold together using a metal spoon.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until just stiff and fold into the egg yolk mixture. Spoon this mixture into the prepared tin and bake for around 15 minutes, or until set and springy to the touch. Leave to cool in the tin.
- Place a large sheet of baking parchment on a work surface. Turn the sponge out onto it, peeling away the lining paper.
- Whisk the fromage frais with the quark and the remaining sweetener and spread evenly over the sponge. Scatter the cherries over the surface.
- Lift one end of the parchment and roll up the sponge, using the paper to help (don’t worry if the sponge cracks; that’s the nature of a roulade).
- Place the roulade, seam-side down, on a platter and chill for around 2 hours. Dust lightly with cocoa powder and cut into 8 slices to serve.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230