Serves: 8 Syns: 1.5 (per portion)
- 1kg (approx) piece of beef brisket, all visible fat removed (you’ll need a good sharp knife)
- 1 head of celery, trimmed and chopped into chunks
- 4 small red onions, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 a bunch rosemary
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1 lemon
- 700g passata
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- a few drops Tabasco sauce
- 3 tbsp vodka (4 syns)
- 1 tbsp port (1.5 syns)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (6 syns)
- Preheat the oven to 130c
- Season the brisket (fat trimmed away) with salt and pepper. Place a casserole pan (approx 25cm wide, 10cm high) over a high heat and add the olive oil
- Put the brisket into the pan and sear all over for 10 minutes, turning to ensure all sides are browned.
- Add the onion and celery to the pan, reduce the heat and cook gently for 5-10 minutes until slightly softened.
- In a jug or bowl, mix the lemon juice, passata, worcestershire sauce, tabasco, vodka and port together.
- Pour the bloody mary mix into the beef pan along with 500ml cold water and some salt and pepper. Pop in the rosemary and bay and bring to the boil.
- Take off the heat and cover the casserole dish with damp greaseproof paper and tin foil.
- Cook in the oven for 5-6 hours until the meat is tender and falling apart
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230