Ready in about 50 minutes, plus chilling time
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- A handful of rocket leaves, to serve
For the burgers:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g lean minced beef (less than 5% fat)
- 1 level tbsp creamed horseradish
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- A dash of Tabasco
For the coleslaw:
- 1 level tbsp reduced-fat soured cream
- 2 level tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 small carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- ½ small white cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced diagonally
For the salsa:
- 200g cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- A small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
For the wedges:
- 650g red skinned potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1 egg white
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp paprika
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Gas 6 and line a baking tray with baking paper. Put all the burger ingredients in a large bowl, season well and mix together using your hands. Shape into 4 burgers, transfer to a plate, cover with cling film and chill for 20 minutes.
2. For the coleslaw, mix together the soured cream, mayonnaise and lime juice, then season well. Mix in the vegetables and set aside. To make the salsa, toss all the salsa ingredients together in a bowl and season well.
3. For the wedges, boil the potatoes for 5 minutes and drain well. Lightly whisk the egg white with the spices in a large bowl until frothy, then add the wedges and toss to coat. Spread onto the prepared baking tray, spray with low calorie cooking spray and season. Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
4. Meanwhile, place a large frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a medium-high heat. Cook the burgers for 3 minutes on each side, then transfer to a baking tray. Bake for a further 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve topped with salad and rocket leaves, with the wedges and coleslaw on the side.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230