2½ Syns per serving, serves 4
- 4 large heads of broccoli (about 350g each)
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g canned chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 level tsp sweetener
- 12 dried lasagne sheets
- 120g ricotta cheese
- 130g low-fat natural cottage cheese
- Finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 medium egg yolk, plus 2 beaten medium eggs
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 500g fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1½ level tbsp grated fresh Parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- Cut all the florets from the broccoli heads – you should get about 1kg. Put the florets into a food processor and pulse into rice-sized pieces.(Don’t waste the stalks: peel, cut into batons, boil and serve as a side vegetable.)
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the broccoli and 2 tbsp water, season lightly, then stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until tender. Tip into a mixing bowl and leave to cool.
- For the tomato sauce, spray a non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat. Add the onion, garlic and 2 tbsp water, cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until soft. Uncover the pan, add the tomatoes, vinegar and sweetener and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until reduced and thickened. Season to taste and spoon into a large shallow baking dish (about 24cm x 30cm).
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over a high heat. Drop in the lasagne sheets, one at a time, and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and run under cold water until cool enough to handle, then separate the sheets and lay them out side by side on a large sheet of cling film. Cover with another sheet of cling film.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Stir the ricotta, cottage cheese, lemon zest and egg yolk into the cooked broccoli and add a little seasoning. Uncover the lasagne sheets and divide the broccoli filling between each one. Roll them up tightly and lay them side by side, seam-side down, on top of the tomato sauce.
- Mix the cornflour and a little of the yogurt into a paste, then stir in the remaining yogurt, beaten eggs, nutmeg and a little seasoning. Spoon it on top of the cannelloni and sprinkle over the Parmesan. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and bubbling and serve with Speed vegetables.