Prep time: 10 plus chilling
Cook time: 15
Ready in: Over 60 Minutes
Suitable for vegetarians
Syns per serving: FREE
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 1/2 leek, thinly sliced
- 350g leftover boiled floury potatoes chopped into small chunks
- 175g leftover cooked Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
- Spray a small non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat. Add the leek, 1 tsp water, and some seasoning, then cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just soft.
- Put the boiled potatoes into a large bowl and crush them with the back of a fork. Mix in the sprouts and leek and season to taste.
- Shape the mixture into 4 cakes, each about 2.5cm thick, by pressing the mixture into an 8-9cm plain pastry cutter. Place them on a plate, cover, and chill for 1 hour.
- Half-fill a large deep frying pan with water and bring to a gentle simmer. The water is ready for the eggs when you can see just a few bubbles rising from the base. Add the vinegar and a good pinch of salt.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the bauble and squeak cakes and fry for about 5 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, break the eggs one at a time into a ramekin or teacup and slide them into the bubbling water. Leave them to poach for 3 minutes, then lift them out with a slotted spoon and drain briefly on kitchen paper.
- Put the cakes on to warmed plates and top with the eggs. Sprinkle the eggs with a little seasoning and serve hot with your favourite vegetables or salad.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230