Low calorie cooking spray
1 onion , roughly chopped
3 garlic cloves
1 potato , peeled and cubed
1 medium butternut squash , peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild curry powder
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp salt
1 bay leaf LEAVE OUT IN SOUP MAKER
750 ml | 3 cups vegetable stock (broth)
Salt and pepper to season
Toppings and garnishes
2 tsp mixed seeds (Healthy Extra B)
1 small slice wholemeal bread
dried chilli flakes
STOVETOP BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- Spray your pot with low calorie cooking spray or use a little olive oil.
- Add the onion, potato, garlic and bay leaf. Stir in the salt and any spices you are using – here mild curry powder, turmeric, ground ginger and sweet paprika. If you are using Thai curry paste add it now.
- Sauté over medium-low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the cubed butternut squash and stir to combine.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Partially cover the pot and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf. Use an immersion blender to blitz the soup to velvety creaminess. Alternatively you can use a blender but be careful when processing hot soup!
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP IN SOUP MAKER
- Do not use any bay leaves in this method!
- Add all the ingredients in the order listed. Make sure to only add enough stock to the maximum line indicated in your soup maker.
- Select the ‘Smooth’ setting and let the machine quick and blend your soup – easy right?
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230