- 4 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 4 chicken thighs, skinned
- 900g large new potatoes, quartered into wedges
- 30g sachet Schwartz Flavourful Cajun Chicken Recipe Mix
- 8 mini corn on the cobs
- A handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish
FOR THE COLESLAW:
- 200g summer cabbage, quartered, cored and shredded
- 2 carrots, coarsley grated
- 4 level tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
- 4 spring onions, finely shredded
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°Fan/Gas 6. Cut a few slits into the chicken drumsticks and thighs and put them in a large roasting tin with the wedges. Sprinkle over the Cajun seasoning and toss everything together.
- Roast in the oven for 50 minutes, mixing occasionally. Add the corn cobs halfway through the cooking time.
- For the coleslaw, put the cabbage in a colander. Pour over a kettle full of just-boiled water, letting it drain, to soften the cabbage slightly. Cool it quickly with cold water and let it drain again.
- Add the carrot to the colander. Sprinkle over a good pinch of salt and mix well (this both seasons the veg and draws out some of the moisture). Leave to drain for 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and mix together well with the mayonnaise and shredded spring onions.
- Divide the spicy chicken, potatoes and corn cobs between 4 plates, garnish with chopped flat-leaf parsley and serve with the coleslaw on the side.