- Low calorie cooking spray
- 400g stewing beef, all visible fat removed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp sweetener
- 200g passata with onions and garlic
- 200ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g dried long-grain rice
- A small handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
- Place a medium, flameproof casserole dish sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a high heat. Add the beef and fry for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peppers, sweet potato, beans, garlic, jerk seasoning, wine vinegar, sweetener, passata, stock and Worcestershire sauce. Season and stir well. Cover and cook for 1½ hours, or until the beef is meltingly tender.
- Cook the rice accordingly to the packet instructions, then drain well. Divide the stew and rice between 2 bowls, garnish with parsley and serve.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230