- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 3cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- ½ tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 225g dried red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 100g dried white basmati rice
- 200g reduced-fat coconut milk
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped, plus a few sprigs
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat. Add the onion, carrots, garlic, chilli flakes, ginger and 4 tbsp water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Uncover the pan, add the turmeric and ground coriander and cook for 1 minute. Add the lentils and stock and bring to a simmer, then cover again and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drop the rice into a pan of boiling water and bring back to the boil. Stir once and leave to simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the rice is tender. Drain well.
- Slide the pan of dhal off the heat and stir in the coconut milk. Pour half of the dhal into a food processor or liquidiser, blitz well and return it to the pan. Season to taste, reheat gently and stir in half of the coriander.
- Divide the dhal between 4 deep bowls. Pile up the cooked rice in the centre and sprinkle with the remaining coriander and the sprigs to serve.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230