- 70g porridge oats
- 1 tub Müllerlight mandarin yogurt
- 2 small carrots, finely grated
- ½ cup sweetener or to taste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 20g sultanas (total 3 syns)
- 2 eggs, separated
- ½ tsp baking powder (total ¼ syns)
- 2 tbsp quark
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- Start the day before you want to eat the cake. Soak the oats in the yogurt with 1 tbsp water, the spices and sweetener overnight. In a separate small bowl, soak the sultanas in just enough water to cover them.
- The next day, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the baking powder. I find it is best at this stage to taste the oat mixture and adjust the spices or sweetener if necessary. Mix together the oats, grated carrots and sultanas with the egg yolks and stir thoroughly. Carefully fold in the egg whites and pour into two greased 4-inch cake tins. Bake at 180°C for 10-15 minutes until a skewer comes out clean and the top feels spongy. Mine took a bout 17 minutes in total.
- Mix together the quark and sweetener for the icing if using, and spread across the cake.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230