Cauliflower gets the VIP treatment in this luxurious curry made with a symphony of spices!
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 small cauliflowers, broken into medium-size florets (you should get about 1kg florets)
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 roasted red peppers in brine from a jar, drained and chopped
- 1 tbsp juice from an unwaxed lemon, plus wedges to serve
- Shredded fresh mint, to serve
- Spray a wide non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. When it’s hot, add the cauliflower florets and cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned in patches, turning them often. Tip into a bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli in your food processor. Add 4 tbsp water and blend to a smooth paste.
- Reduce the heat under the saucepan to medium-low, add your onion paste and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Stir in the cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne pepper, chopped tomatoes and a pinch of salt and bring to a simmer.
- Return the cauliflower to the pan, add another 3 tbsp water and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender, stirring now and then.
- Stir in the peppers and lemon juice, scatter over the mint and serve hot with the lemon wedges.
Helping you to get motivated
When you join Slimming World, you’ll become a member of a large supportive community of people in a similar situation to you, with a wealth of advice and tips on recipe ideas, meal planning and motivation whenever you need it.
You’ll also be assigned your own highly-trained consultant — a former member who can help you to set your own weight-loss and fitness goals. Members agree that this support is often key to their success.
You can choose between joining your local group or online.
If you’d like to join a group, please contact your local Consultant to find out how your group is running safely in line with local and national guidance.
All offer full details of how Slimming World’s Food Optimising programme works.
There is a huge list of Free Food to choose from, which doesn’t need to be weighed, calorie counted or measured.
You can also snack on these to satisfy your hunger in between meals.
In addition, you are encouraged to eat measured quantities of certain foods, known as ‘Healthy Extras’ that provide nutrients essential for a healthy, balanced diet.
These include milk and cheese (for calcium) and cereals and wholemeal bread (for fibre and minerals).
And so you never feel deprived you can enjoy limited amounts of treats which are higher-calorie, less filling foods that include chocolate, crisps and alcohol.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230