2½ Syns per serving, serves 8
This delish recipe makes two pies (each serving 4)
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1kg lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 3 level tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 850ml beef stock
- Green cabbage, shredded and steamed, to serve
For the topping:
- 1.8kg floury potatoes, such as Desiree, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 8 spring onions, thinly sliced, reserving some to serve
- 2 tbsp mustard powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 100g reduced-fat extra-mature Cheddar, grated
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Fry the mince in batches, draining off any excess fat, and transferring to a bowl once browned. Add the onions, carrots and celery to the pan with a mug of water and cook over a medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and tomato purée, then the mince, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and stock. Simmer gently, uncovered, for 45 minutes (the gravy should have thickened – if not, bubble a little longer).
- Meanwhile, for the topping, boil the potatoes for 12-15 minutes until tender, drain and tip back into the saucepan. Add the spring onions and mustard powder and mash well. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then mash in the eggs and season.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Spoon half the beef mixture into an A4-size baking dish and the rest into a freezer proof baking dish, then divide over the mash. Leave the pie in the freezer proof dish to cool for freezing. Evenly sprinkle half the cheese over the other pie and bake for 25-30 minutes. Scatter over the reserved spring onions and serve a quarter per person with the cabbage.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230