- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 6 back bacon rashers, visible fat removed, sliced into thin strips
- 800g floury potatoes such as King Edward, peeled
- 1 small onion
- 4 level tbsp self-raising flour
- 4 level tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Baby leaf spinach salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/fan 130°C/gas 2.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Fry the bacon for 2 minutes or until lightly golden, tip into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Coarsely grate the potatoes and onion and mix with ½ tsp salt. Wrap small handfuls of the mixture in a clean tea towel or cloth (discarding any large bits of potato), squeeze out any excess water and add the potatoes and onion to the bacon. Loosen the strands of potato with a fork and mix in the flour, Parmesan and some black pepper. Beat 2 of the eggs and stir into the mixture.
- Spray the frying pan with more low-calorie cooking spray and return to a medium heat. When hot, drop 4 heaped spoonfuls of the potato mixture into the pan, spaced well apart, and flatten slightly with the back of a fork. Fry for 4 minutes on each side or until richly golden brown (don’t be tempted to cook them any faster or the potato won’t cook through). Lift them on to a rack placed over a baking tray and keep hot in the oven while you cook the rest. You should have 12 rösti in total.
- Meanwhile, bring about 5cm of water to a very gentle simmer in a large deep frying pan (a few bubbles should be rising from the base). Add the vinegar and a pinch of salt. Break the remaining eggs into a ramekin or teacup, one at a time, and slide them into the hot water. Leave them to poach for 3½ minutes then lift out with a slotted spoon and drain briefly on kitchen paper.
- Put the rösti on warmed plates and top with the poached eggs. Sprinkle the eggs with a little seasoning and serve with the spinach.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230