- 300g easy quick cook rice (brown or white), rinsed under cold water to release the starch
- 250g 5% pork mince
- 250g 5% beef mince
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 500g carton passata
- 1 small tin sweetcorn, drained (or a good handful of frozen sweetcorn)
- 1 beef oxo cube
- 1 tin red kidney beans
- 1 SpiceNTice chilli con carne kit
- 80g lighter cheddar
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan.
- Fry the onion with the contents of sachet 1 of the spice kit in a deep frying pan.
- Remove the cassia bark and add the mince and fry until brown, keep stirring and break the mince up as you go.
- In an oven proof dish add the rice, chopped tomatoes, passata, sachet 2 of the spice kit, sweetcorn, oxo cube, kidney beans and the cooked mince plus 300ml water and stir to mix everything together.
- Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes. Give it a quick stir halfway through.
- The rice should be cooked and the sauce absorbed. Pop it back in the oven if it needs longer, add extra water if needed.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and pop under the grill until melted and golden.
- Serve with a side salad.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230