3½ Syns per serving
ready in 55 mins
What you need:
1.5kg large floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper, cut into chunky chips
3 large onions, thinly sliced
2 large thyme sprigs, leaves picked
600ml hot vegetable stock
1 large butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunky chips
low-calorie cooking spray
1 level tsp sweetener granules
1 level tsp Dijon mustard
1 level tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp Marmite
75g reduced-fat Cheddar, coarsely grated
What you do:
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
2. Cook the potato chips in a saucepan of boiling water over a high heat for 10 minutes or until just tender.
3. Meanwhile, put the onions, thyme, 3 tbsp stock and some seasoning in a large, non-stick frying pan that you can cover with a lid. Cover and cook over a medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until soft, stirring once or twice.
4. Drain the potato chips well and divide between 2 large non-stick roasting tins or baking trays. Add the squash chips and season lightly, then spray with low-calorie cooking spray and toss well. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until brown and crispy, turning occasionally.
5. Once the chips are in the oven, uncover the onions and increase the heat to medium-high. Add the sweetener, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and cook for 10 minutes or until all the liquid has disappeared and the onions are golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in the mustard and flour, then gradually stir in the rest of the stock and lastly the Marmite. Simmer rapidly for 8-10 minutes or until the gravy has reduced and thickened to a consistency you like. Keep hot.
6. Divide the chips between plates and spoon over the gravy. Evenly scatter with the cheese and serve hot.
Credits: slimmingworld blog
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230