½ Syn per serving; serves 4
(Leave out the Parmesan to make our wraps Syn-free and dairy free)
- 30g dried couscous
- 3 tbsp hot chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme, plus sprigs to serve
- 2 level tbsp grated fresh Parmesan
- 8 skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 8 back bacon rashers, visible fat removed
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Put the couscous in a bowl and pour over the stock. Stir in the garlic, then cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and drain the spinach, then put it in a pan with just the water that clings to the leaves. Cover and cook over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes, or until just wilted. Refresh under cold running water and drain. Squeeze dry using your hands, then roughly chop and put it in a bowl with the thyme and Parmesan.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and stir it into the spinach. Season to taste and stir well.
- Open out the chicken thighs on a board. Divide the spinach and couscous filling between each thigh and roll them up again. Stretch each bacon rasher with the back of a knife to lengthen slightly, then wrap a rasher around each chicken thigh to hold the filling in place.
- Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through and tender, turning once. (Or barbecue over indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender and cooked through, turning once.)
- Scatter over the thyme sprigs and serve hot with roasted sweet potatoes and lots of salad.