Syns per serving:
• Add 6 Syns if not using Cheddar as a Healthy Extra on Extra Easy.
• 400g dried mafalda corta pasta (or other short pasta shape)
• 1 red onion, roughly chopped
• 300g broccoli, stalks chopped and florets halved lengthways
• 400ml chicken or vegetable stock
• 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
• 100ml half-fat crème fraîche
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 3 cooked skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
• 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
• 150g low-fat cottage cheese
• 160g reduced-fat Cheddar, grated
• ½ small pack of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
• 1 tsp dried thyme
Tip: Serve with steamed green beans
1. Boil the pasta, onion and broccoli stalks for 7 minutes. Add the florets, cook for a further 3 minutes and drain.
2. Bring the stock to the boil in a large pan, then whisk in the mustard and crème fraîche and season well.
3. Stir in the pasta mixture, chicken, tomatoes, cottage cheese and half the Cheddar, mixing until melted, then stir through the parsley and transfer to a shallow, heatproof dish.
4. Preheat your grill to medium-hot. Mix together the remaining Cheddar and the thyme and scatter over the pasta mixture. Put the dish on the base of the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning if it starts to brown unevenly. Remove, leave to stand for 5 minutes, then divide between 4 bowls and serve with the beans on the side.
Give it a twist – for a cheesy tuna grill, swap the cooked chicken for 3 x 160 cans tuna chunks in springwater – simply drain and add to the recipe in step 3.
Fill up on Free Food®
All our meals are based on Slimming World Free Food – nutritious, everyday foods that fill you up for fewer calories, meaning they’re great for weight loss! Free Food includes lean meat, poultry, fish, eggs, pasta, rice, potatoes, pulses, fruit, veg and more. And you can eat these foods freely, making them perfect for satisfying the biggest of appetites. Some Free Foods have the extra bonus of being Speed Food – fruit and veg that are super-low in calories and keep you slimming beautifully. For the best results, always reach for Speed Food first in between meals and include at least a third of a plate of Speed Food at every meal, where it makes sense.
Add in Healthy Extras®
To help provide a good balance of nutrients, enjoy two measured portions of milk or cheese each day – your Healthy Extra ‘a’ choices. Options include 350ml skimmed milk or 250ml semi-skimmed milk; 40g reduced-fat or 30g full-fat hard cheese; 50g mozzarella (cow’s milk); 45g feta or 35g Danish blue, which can be eaten as part of a meal or snack. Also have one portion of wholemeal bread or breakfast cereal each day – your Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice. To keep things simple we’ve built your Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice into the menu plan each day.
Choose your Syns®
Foods and drinks that pose a risk to your weight loss – those high in fat or sugar, as well as alcohol – can be enjoyed as carefully counted Syns. We recommend you plan between 5 and 15 Syns into your day (see the bottom of the next page for some ideas).
Make simple swaps
To help protect your weight loss, choose the leanest meats and trim off any visible fat – cut the white bits off bacon and remove skin from poultry. Dry-fry or cook with low-calorie cooking spray rather than fat or oil, switch sugar for sweetener, and swap cream and crème fraîche for fat-free natural yogurt or plain quark.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230