- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 400g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1½; tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 350g long-grain rice
- ½ x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- ½ roasted peppers in brine from a jar, drained and chopped
- 750ml boiling chicken stock
- 100g frozen peas
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Spray a large, deep non-stick pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, mushrooms and chicken and fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if needed.
- Stir in the garlic, spices and thyme, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir until the grains are coated in the spices. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, peppers and stock and bring to the boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, turn the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the peas to the rice without stirring them in and replace the lid. Cook for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat. Keep the lid on the pan and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir the rice, season lightly and serve hot with lemon wedges and a green salad
*For the true Iceland flavour add 40g of chorizo per serving into the pan with the chicken and add 4½ Syns each.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230