Cook time: Ready in 2 hours 20 minutes (plus cooling and chilling)
Ready in: Over 60 Minutes
Perfect for Extra Easy SP
Syns per serving: FREE
- 8 skinless and boneless chicken thighs, roughly chopped
- Bunch of spring onions, finely chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed pink peppercorns, plus whole pink peppercorns to garnish
- 2 juniper berries, crushed
- 1 tbsp cognac or brandy
- Large handful of finely chopped fresh parsley
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh tarragon, plus sprigs to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 600g canned lean ham, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/130°C Fan/Gas 2.
- Place the chicken in a food processor and blend until fairly smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the spring onions, lemon zest, egg, garlic, peppercorns, juniper berries, cognac or brandy, parsley and tarragon. Season and mix well.
- Spoon half the mixture into an ovenproof terrine or loaf tin and scatter over the ham. Spoon the remaining chicken mixture over the ham and level with the back of a spoon.
Place the terrine or loaf tin in a roasting tin and pour in enough hot water to come halfway up the side of the terrine or loaf tin.
- Bake for 2 hours or until the terrine slightly shrinks away from the side of the tin. Cool, then cover with foil and weigh the top down with weights or cans.
- Chill for 24 hours.
- When you’re ready to eat, turn out the terrine on to a board. Scatter over the pink peppercorns and tarragon sprigs and slice thickly.
- This is delicious with a crisp salad and redcurrant sauce (2 Syns per level tablespoon).
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230