- 8 sweetcorn cobettes
- Fat-free natural yogurt, to serve
- 4 x 60g wholemeal rolls, halved
- 2 little gem lettuces, leaves separated, to serve
For the chilli salsa:
- 300g tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Low-calorie cooking spray
For the hash browns:
- 500g floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper or King Edward
- 1 large egg, beaten
For the burgers:
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, halved widthways
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Blitz all the salsa ingredients, except the low-calorie cooking spray, into a rough purée using a stick blender or food processor. Spray a small non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the salsa, bring to a simmer and bubble for 5-6 minutes, until reduced and deep red, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- To make the hash browns, coarsely grate the potatoes and put them on a clean tea towel. Gather up the sides, then squeeze hard to get rid of as much liquid as possible. Repeat 3-4 times, then tip into a mixing bowl. Stir through the egg and season lightly.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Put four 8cm-diameter cooking rings in the middle of the pan. Spray the insides of the rings with low-calorie cooking spray, then divide the potato mixture between the rings and pack down tightly. Fry the hash browns for 4-5 minutes, or until the bases are golden. Carefully transfer the rings to a non-stick baking tray then, using a tea towel to protect your hands, gently pull off the rings to leave the hash browns on the tray. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden all over.
- Meanwhile, for the burgers, put the chicken pieces between 2 sheets of cling film and use a rolling pin to bash them until they’re 1-2cm thick. Mix together all the spices, then tip onto a plate. Dip each piece of chicken into the spices to coat all over in a thin layer. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 2 minutes. Boil the corn for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Spread a little yogurt over the roll bases and top each with a couple of lettuce leaves. Spread some of the salsa onto the roll lids. Fill each roll with a piece of chicken, a hash brown, then another piece of chicken. Serve each burger with the remaining salsa and lettuce and the corn on the side.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.