Serves 6 – 2.5 syns per portion
- 400g paella rice
- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 100g Tesco finest reduced fat chorizo, diced – 10 syns
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 carrots, diced small
- 1 stick of celery, diced small
- Handful french green beans, top, tailed and chopped
- 75g frozen peas
- 75g frozen sweetcorn
- 1 litre hot chicken stock
- SpiceNTice Paella fiesta kit
- Fry the chicken and chorizo until cooked
- Remove the chicken and chorizo from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside for now.
- Add the onion, carrots, pepper, celery, peas, sweetcorn and green beans and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add in the rice and fry for 1 minute to soak up any moisture in the pan and the flavour from the oils left from the chorizo.
- Add the chicken and chorizo back in the pan along with the paella kit and stock and simmer on a medium heat covered with a lid for 25 – 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add a little extra water if the rice isn’t quite cooked and if its dried out.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon or lime if you prefer and some vegetables or even a salad.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230