Low-calorie cooking spray
3 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, halved lengthways
2 bay leaves
4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
6 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked and chopped
6 fresh sage leaves, chopped
1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
1 tbsp tomato purée
1 onion, finely chopped
½ small swede, peeled and cut into small chunks
4 carrots, cut into small chunks
4 celery sticks, finely chopped
500g floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper, thinly sliced
400g can green lentils, drained
1 tsp Marmite
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Spray a large, wide non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the chicken and sear until golden brown on all sides.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the bay leaves, garlic, thyme, sage, stock cube, tomato purée, onion, swede, carrots, celery and 700ml boiling water. Bring back to the boil, then reduce the heat to a slow simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water over a high heat for 5 minutes, then drain and set aside to cool.
- Pick out the cooked chicken from the other pan and allow to cool slightly before shredding with 2 forks. Set aside.
- Add the lentils to the vegetables and continue to simmer for 10 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by half. Stir in the Marmite, Worcestershire sauce and shredded chicken.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Tip the chicken mixture into a deep ovenproof dish. The stock should be just under the level of the meat and veg – if it’s lower, just add a little water to the mix. Top with the potatoes, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favourite vegetables.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230