1½ Syns per serving, serves 4
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 2 medium slices wholemeal bread from a small 400g loaf
- Finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Low-calorie cooking spray
For the sauce:
- 2 onions, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 600ml hot chicken stock
- Pinch of sweetener
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 and line a large baking sheet with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the chicken breasts between sheets of cling film and bash with a wooden mallet or rolling pin until slightly flattened. Discard the cling film and season the chicken lightly.
- Put the bread in a food processor, blitz to fine crumbs and tip into a wide, shallow bowl. Stir in the lemon zest. Put the eggs in another wide, shallow bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast first in the egg and then the breadcrumbs. Place them on the baking sheet, drizzle over any extra egg and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Set aside.
- To make the sauce, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Stir-fry the onions for 4-5 minutes then add the garlic and carrots. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, then add the curry powder, tomato purée, stock, sweetener and soy sauce. Bring to the boil over a high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put the chicken in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through and lightly golden. Slice each chicken breast into thick strips.
- Blitz the sauce using a stick blender or food processor and season to taste (you can keep the sauce chunky if you prefer but it’s more authentic if you give it a good blitz). Spoon the sauce onto plates and top with the chicken.
- Sprinkle with spring onion and chilli, and serve with plain boiled rice.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230