- 1 large courgette, roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 160g cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ chicken stock cube
- Small handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 5 tbsp fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- 400g dried rigatoni (or other pasta shape)
- 500g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Put the courgette and pepper in a roasting tin, spray with low-calorie cooking spray, season lightly and toss well. Roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway and adding the tomatoes 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes, adding a little water if it starts to stick.
- Stir in the garlic, tomato purée, canned tomatoes, stock cube, basil, oregano and 250ml water. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Take the pan off the heat, stir in the yogurt and season lightly.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Spray a non-stick griddle pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. When it’s hot, add the chicken strips and fry for 2-3 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Drain the pasta and return to the saucepan, reserving a little of the cooking water. Stir through the tomato sauce, roasted vegetables and chicken plus a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water if needed. Season lightly and serve hot with your favourite salad.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230