- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 400g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1½; tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 350g long-grain rice
- ½ x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- ½ roasted peppers in brine from a jar, drained and chopped
- 750ml boiling chicken stock
- 100g frozen peas
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Spray a large, deep non-stick pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, mushrooms and chicken and fry for 5 minutes, adding a little water if needed.
- Stir in the garlic, spices and thyme, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir until the grains are coated in the spices. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, peppers and stock and bring to the boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, turn the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the peas to the rice without stirring them in and replace the lid. Cook for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat. Keep the lid on the pan and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir the rice, season lightly and serve hot with lemon wedges and a green salad.
- *For the true Iceland flavour add 40g of chorizo per serving into the pan with the chicken and add 4½ Syns each.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230