1 hour 5 minutes
- 500g floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper or King Edward, chopped
- 500g swede, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 leek, sliced
- 200g plain quark
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Boil the potatoes and swede for 20 minutes, then drain, mash with a splash of water and season to taste. Meanwhile, put the garlic, carrots, thyme sprigs and crumbled stock cube in a pan with 500ml boiling water and bring back to the boil.
- Simmer for 3 minutes, then add the chicken breasts, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the leek, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, then remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Strain the stock into a jug (you only need 200ml) then whisk in the quark, mustard powder, parsley and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Roughly chop or shred the chicken, then divide the chicken and veg between 4 deep individual pie dishes (or 1 large ovenproof dish), discarding the thyme.
- Stir the quark mixture into each dish, spoon over the mash and flatten with a fork. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and bake at 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7 for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot, with Speed veg.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230