- 250g dried quinoa
- 400ml boiling vegetable stock
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 4 small oranges
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp aged balsamic vinegar
- A small pack fresh mint, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 40g watercress sprigs
- Put the quinoa into a sieve and rinse under cold running water. Shake away the excess water, tip into a large non-stick saucepan and place over a medium-high heat. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until it is dry and starting to smell slightly nutty.
- Add the stock and curry powder and increase the heat to high. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer rapidly for 15-20 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Tip the quinoa into a mixing bowl and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, take a thin slice off the top and bottom of each orange, stand them up straight on a board and carefully slice away all the skin and pith. Slice along either side of each segment and down into the centre of the orange, dropping the segments into a bowl. Stir the chickpeas, red onion, vinegar, mint, lemon juice, watercress and orange segments into the quinoa and season to serve.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230