- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped
- 500g Extra-lean minced beef
- 400g Can chopped tomatoes
- 250g Passata
- 1 Beef stock cube
- 1 tsp Dried mixed herbs
- 1 Red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 250g Closed-cap mushrooms, quartered
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ tsp Ground Allspice
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Hot smoked paprika
- 1.15kg Essential mince sauce
- 410g Can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 350g Boiled, dried long-grain rice, to serve
- A small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped, to serve
- 150g Fat-free natural yogurt, sprinkled with smoked paprika, to serve
- For The Salsa:
- 2 Tomatoes, Deseeded And Finely Chopped
- 1 Red onion, finely chopped
- A small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- First make the mince sauce. Spray a non-stick medium-sized frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a lot heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add the minced beef and turn the heat up to medium. Cook for 5 minutes, or until browned all over, stirring and breaking up any lumps. Stir in the tomatoes and passata, then crumble in the stock cube. Add the herbs, season and mix well. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spray another non-stick medium-sized frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat. Add the pepper and mushrooms and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and chilli and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Add the Allspice, cumin and paprika, stir-fry for 1 minute, then mix in the mince sauce and kidney beans. Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes until piping hot, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put the salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, drain and stir in the coriander. Divide the chilli and rice between 4 shallow bowls. Top with a spoonful of the yogurt and a little salsa and serve.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230