Free, serves 4
- 3 medium onions, half roughly chopped, half sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1-1½ tbsp mild curry powder
- 250g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into bite-size chunks
- 150g potato, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 5 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 150g sugar snap peas
- 1½ tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce/ tamari
- Put the roughly chopped onion, garlic, spices, squash, potato, tomato purée, stock cube and 400ml water in a medium-size non-stick saucepan. Bring to the boil over a high heat then cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a large non-stick wok over a high heat and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Add the chicken and fry for 5-6 minutes or until cooked, then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the sliced onion, peppers, sugar snap peas and a little water to the wok and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the squash and potato mixture from the heat and whizz to make a sauce using a stick blender (or use a food processor).
- Return the chicken to the wok, add the sauce and soy sauce and cook until everything is piping hot. Season to taste and serve hot with rice.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230