Free, serves 4
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced, and 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes (chipotle if possible)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 beef stock cube
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 medium red onions, cut into bite-size chunks
- 700g lean sirloin steak, visible fat removed, cut into large chunks
- 400g can or carton of black beans or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Lime juice, to taste
- 150g fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- ½ pack fresh coriander, chopped
- Put the onion, diced carrot, garlic, spices, herbs, stock cube, chopped tomatoes and 600ml boiling water in a large saucepan over a high heat. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes. Discard the bay leaves and blitz until smooth using a stick blender or food processor.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Put the rest of the carrots in a large roasting tin, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and toss well. Roast for 5 minutes then stir in the peppers, red onions and a little seasoning and cook for another 20 minutes, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Fry the beef in batches for about 5 minutes or until just cooked. Keep warm.
- Add the steak, roasted vegetables and beans to the tomato sauce and cook for 5 minutes, then season to taste with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, mix the yogurt and coriander with a little water and season lightly. Serve the chunky beef chilli with the coriander yogurt.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230