- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 4 celery sticks, roughly sliced
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 turnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 60g yellow split peas
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 300g button mushrooms
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve (optional)
- Place the onion and celery and half of the stock in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining stock along with the garlic, turnips, carrots, parsnips and potatoes. Bring back to the boil and add the split peas, tomatoes, mushrooms and rosemary.
- Bring the mixture back to boil once again, reduce the heat, season lightly and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle over the chopped parsley, if using, and serve immediately.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230