- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 1½ hours
- Ready in: Over 60 Minutes
- Suitable for vegetarians
- * Freezer friendly
- Syns per serving:
- 600g potatoes (Desirée or Maris Piper), peeled and roughly chopped
- 200g carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 100g green beans, trimmed and finely diced
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 3 large onions, peeled and finely diced
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tsp dried parsley
- 200g fat free cottage cheese with onions and chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 120g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan with enough cold water to cover well. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer gently until tender when pierced with a skewer, about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil the carrots and green beans in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the onions and stir-fry for 10-12 minutes or until softened.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°F/Gas 6. Spray a medium-sized pie dish with low calorie cooking spray.
- Drain the potatoes and mash until smooth, using a potato ricer if you have one.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, dried parsley and cottage cheese. Add to the potatoes, stir to mix well and season to taste. Add the reserved vegetables and onion mixture to the potatoes and stir well again.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle over the cheese and bake for about 35-45 minutes until golden. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230