- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1.2 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- 700g potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 large leek, trimmed, sliced lengthways, then shredded
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 150g fat-free natural fromage frais
- Place the onion in a large saucepan along with the bay leaves and 150ml of the stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the potato and all but a few shreds of the leek. Pour in the remaining stock and season lightly. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 minutes until tender.
- Discard the bay leaves and transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and return to the saucepan.
- Blend in the fromage frais and reheat gently without boiling. Adjust the seasoning if necessary. Ladle into bowls and top with the reserved shredded leek and chopped chives.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230