- 1kg swede, peeled and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock
- 1 tsp sweetener
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1 . Cook the swede in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain, return to the pan and mash until smooth. Season well and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrots and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the mince and stir-fry for 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes, stock, sweetener and oregano and stir well. Bring to the boil and remove from the heat.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
4. Transfer the beef mixture to a casserole dish and spread the mashed swede over the top, smoothing the surface with a fork (adding a pattern if you like). Brush with the beaten egg and bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden and bubbling. Serve with purple sprouting broccoli, mange tout and green beans.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230