Free, serves 4
- 4 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 400g beetroot (fresh or vacuum packed), peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 leeks, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 75g fat-free natural fromage frais, plus extra to serve
- Chopped fresh chives, to serve
- Place the carrots, beetroot, garlic, leeks, stock and bay leaf in a large saucepan. Cover tightly and cook for 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Remove the bay leaf and allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor. Add the fromage frais and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan and reheat gently.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper, scatter the chives and serve with extra fromage frais.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230