Free, serves 4
- 500g dried pappardelle pasta
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 x 250g packs sliced mushrooms
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100g plain quark, whisked
- 1 tbsp Italian herb seasoning (or use 1 tsp each of oregano, basil and majoram)
- 150ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Small handful of fresh tarragon, chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and then drain and tip into a wide serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add the red pepper and fry for 2 minutes, then add the chopped tomatoes, quark, dried herbs, stock and tomato purée. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, then turn down the heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Stir the mushroom sauce into the pasta, season lightly and toss to mix well. Scatter over the tarragon and serve in warmed bowls with a salad or vegetables of your choice.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230