- 500g dried spaghetti or other long pasta
- 250g broad beans, podded
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 8 back bacon rashers, visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 3 large egg yolks*
- 100g quark
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, adding the broad beans for the last 2 minutes of the cooking time. Drain, reserving a few tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for another 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks and quark with some seasoning.
- Add the bacon mixture to the drained pasta and stir through. Stir in the egg and quark mixture, adding 2-3 tablespoons of the reserved cooking water to loosen the sauce a little if necessary. The residual heat will cook the eggs just enough to thicken the sauce.
- This is best served hot and is delicious with a mixed salad.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230