1½ Syns per serving
- 1 medium egg
- 2 level tbsp cornflour
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 500g lean beef frying steak, visible fat removed, cut into thin strips
- Low-calorie cooking spray
For the stir-fry:
- 4 level tbsp brown sauce
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm-piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tbsp orange and pineapple no-added-sugar squash diluted with 400ml water
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- ½ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and thickly sliced
- 200g carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 150g baby sweetcorn, halved lengthways
- 50g bean sprouts, rinsed
- 250g dried medium egg noodles
- Sliced red chilli, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Beat the egg with a fork, then stir in the cornflour and bicarbonate of soda until combined and season lightly. Toss the beef in the egg, then spread out on a large non-stick baking tray in a single layer and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Cook for 30-40 minutes, until dark and crispy, turning halfway. Reduce the oven to its lowest setting and leave the beef inside while you make the rest of the dish.
- Make the sauce by mixing together the brown sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, squash, Worcestershire sauce, tomato purée, chilli flakes and stock cube. Set aside.
- Spray a large, non-stick wok or frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the onions, peppers and carrots, and stir-fry for 7-8 minutes until starting to soften. Add the sauce and corn. Increase the heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring often, until the sauce is reduced and syrupy, and the vegetables are just soft.
- Add the beef to the stir-fry with the bean sprouts and bring back to a simmer. Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, then drain. Divide the noodles and beef mixture between 4 bowls, and scatter over the chilli to serve.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230