free, serves 4
- 2 courgettes
- 2 red onions, halved and finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 100g low fat natural cottage cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Small handful of finely chopped mint
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4.
- Coarsely grate the courgettes and place in a large sieve. Press down to remove as much liquid as possible and set aside.
- Lightly spray a 20cm round, shallow baking dish with low calorie cooking spray and set aside.
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions, courgettes and chilli and stir-fry for 10 minutes. Season well and transfer to the prepared baking dish, spreading evenly across the base. Spread the cottage cheese over the vegetable mixture.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, season lightly with freshly ground black pepper and add the dried mixed herbs and mint. Pour the egg mixture over the cottage cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until set and golden. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for about 15 minutes before cutting into wedges.
- This can be eaten warm or cold. If serving cold, cool, cover and chill until ready to eat.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230