With chickpeas, tandoori cauliflower, sweet potato and aromatic mustard seeds, this mildly spiced dish is delicious as a main or side…
FREE/ 1 hour/ Serves 4
- 1 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 5 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ small pack fresh coriander
- 4 tbsp mild curry powder*
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- Juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- *Watch out for spice/seasoning blends that have added ingredients (like sugar, oil or starch). To protect your weight loss, count ½ Syn per level tsp/1½ Syns per level tbsp.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Put the cauliflower, red peppers, red onions and sweet potato on a non-stick baking tray and sprinkle over the paprika, 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp ground coriander. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray, toss well and set aside.
- Put the garlic, ginger, fresh coriander, curry powder and remaining ground cumin and ground coriander in your food processor. Add 100ml water and blitz to a smooth paste.
- Place a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat, add the paste and cook for 5 minutes. Add the finely chopped onions and tomato purée and cook for 10 minutes, adding a splash more water if anything starts to stick. Meanwhile, put the vegetable tray in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add half of the chickpeas to the onions in the saucepan, along with all of the chickpea liquid and 500ml boiling water. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Put the remaining chickpeas in your food processor and gently pulse (or crush them on a chopping board with the end of a knife or a rolling pin). Set aside.
- Stir the roasted vegetables and crushed chickpeas into the onion sauce and cook for 10 minutes over a low heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice and soy sauce and season to taste to serve.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.