- 400g dried macaroni or other small pasta shapes
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 125g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Salad or vegetables, to serve
For The Sauce
- 2 level tbsp cornflour
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 150g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 1 tsp mustard powder, mixed with 2 tsp water
- A pinch of grated nutmeg
- 40g reduced fat Cheddar-style cheese, grated
- To make this SW recipe, preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions then drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat. Add the leeks, courgettes and mushrooms and cook for 8-10 minutes or until softened.
- While the vegetables are cooking, make the sauce. Blend the cornflour with a little milk and set aside. Bring the remaining milk to the boil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat, then stir in the cornflour mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened, stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan from the heat and beat in the fromage frais, mustard and nutmeg with a wooden spoon. Season to taste and stir in most of the cheese.
- Tip the pasta and vegetables into an ovenproof dish, mix well and pour the sauce over the top. Sprinkle over the rest of the cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes or until crisp and golden. Scatter over the parsley and serve hot with salad or your favourite vegetables.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising. These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230