- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 red and 2 yellow peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans black-eyed beans in water, drained and rinsed
- 250g dried long-grain rice
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- 1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
- Place a large saucepan sprayed with low-calorie spray over a medium heat. Cook the onion for 5 minutes, stirring often, until softened.
- Add the peppers and garlic and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until just tender.
- Stir in the black-eyed beans and rice, then add the stock. Bring to the boil and season to taste, then turn the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Add the vinegar and hot pepper sauce and toss. Divide between 4 plates or bowls, garnish with parsley and serve.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230